Maybe your favorite hiking food is a freeze-dried poultry dinner. There really is no "best" backpacking food. You will find reasons to bring particular foods, though. Here are 15 foods, and the causes you might want to consider these.
1. Nuts. This really is one of the most calorie-packed foods you can take. That means much less weight to carry. With lots of protein and other healthy benefits, nuts are among the best backpacking food.
2. Olive oil. Include a little to your sauces or dip loaf of bread in it. The best of the actual oils health-wise, you can take in it before sleeping, to remain warm, because fat generate heat any time digested.
3. Path mixes. Any mix with raisins and insane is great for backpacking. Nutritional vitamins, minerals, protein, and also the best reason -- convenience.
4. Corn products. Tortilla chips or even corn nuts are usually convenient, and they don't seem to cause the fatigue that potato chips and also other simple carbohydrates could cause.
5. Ramen noodles. When you really need a hot meal quick, there isn't much that's better.
6. Immediate coffee. A necessity regarding caffeine addicts, and good to have a stimulant available for emergencies.
Several. Wild edible fruits. Learn to identify a couple of, and you'll have a nutritious reason for a break across the trail.
8. Instant sports drinks. Fill a little in your drinking water bottle and tremble. Replacing electrolytes doesn't get far easier.
9. Instant refried pinto beans. When you want sustained energy, eat beans.
15. Your favorites. Getting the favorite foods may help salvage a wet backpacking trip spent in the tent.
Constantly consider the nature from the trip when you choose your backpacking food. Warm meals are much more crucial in cold climates, and also convenience is king, if you need to make miles. The bottle of tequila might even be appropriate, if it's a trip together with friends.